Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday

Monday. I don't go to my paid job on Mondays and so I can take time to sort out the tasks in my life that need week-day time to complete. I enjoy not feeling harried and time poor, even if only for a day.

Most of today was spent, predictably, on house selling and house renovation tasks. A meeting with my solicitor. Lots of to-ing and fro-ing with the real estate agents who are selling my apartment. The auction for the sale is this coming Saturday and after lots of people looking, lots of complimentary comments, but no-one expressing interest in buying, there are finally potential buyers who seem significantly more serious. I had yet another meeting with designing Heather about the renovation of the apartment to which I'm moving. We're now up to discussing the design for the inside of the cupboards - isn't that great? Suddenly all sorts of wonderful things are possible - drawers in the kitchen for my pots and pans, space for my ironing board, slide out shallow drawers for shoes in the bedroom, a television within the bedroom wardrobe, big shelves for winter bedding to be stored in summer...the list goes on and on.

And I think we've decided on the contrast colour for the stair landing - a dusty red.

I also managed to get to the Post Office during opening hours to collect a parcel - it was a print copy of 'Ori Ami Knits' by Olga Buraya-Kefelian and Vanessa Yap-Einbund. I'd already received a digital copy of the book, but having a print edition with its high quality paper and beautiful presentation is a different matter altogether. [Coincidentally, Jody also has a post today on her preference for print over digital media for knitting publications]. The Ori Ami patterns are particularly designed for Habu yarns. The introduction begins
Folding. Pleating. Draping. Combining textures. These are the concepts driving this collection.
Most of the patterns have simple lines but unexpected detailing. Some of the patterns are by Kirsten Johnstone, an Australian designer whose work I've often admired.

Ori Ami 1
Ori Ami 2
Ori Ami 3
Ori Ami 4

I'm at the stage of browsing and admiring 'Ori Ami Knits'. Maybe when I have less to distract me I'll move on to choosing and constructing.

7 comments:

missfee said...

ooo cupboards and drawers now I am really excited too

and that book looks amazing - I am with both you and Jody and prefer paper in regards to patterns and knitting

good luck with the sale - fingers crossed

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh I love love love the idea of the dusty red!

Rose Red said...

I, of course, also love the dusty red!

As well as that book - oh my! Does it have larger sizes? I have looked at the patterns on Rav but I can't remember.

And I share your excitement about clever ideas for inside cupboards!

Brenda said...

Those Ori Ami patterns are lovely. I particularly like the white vest.

jp said...

That book is awesome.

We are all crossing our fingers for the sale.

Books, Books, Books what would we do without them.

Lynne said...

I'm with you for printed books for knitting! If I had a digital copy I'd still have to print out the pattern so give me a book anytime!

Emily said...

I've got the Ori Ami just on the 'puter - still in a storage doom here, and it was cheaper...
I do prefer real books, though.

It'll be interesting to see what/if we all make form this, or if it's more of an inspirer!