Monday, January 3, 2011

Knitting 2010

In counting up my knitting for last year (isn't it wonderful to have a record in Ravelry?) I was pleasantly surprised to find I'd completed fifteen projects. This was a significant decrease from the 24 and 23 I'd knitted in 2009 and 2008 and none of them was particularly large or complex, but even so I was pleased with what I managed to achieve in a very busy year that included moving house and renovating.

By category I knitted (ravlink)

7 pairs of socks
3 shawls
1 pair of mitts
2 hats
1 sleeveless jumper
1 baby blanket

And some winners:

The project of which I'm most proud is my version of the Sage Remedy sleeveless jumper (sweater for those from North America). This was neither particularly difficult nor time consuming, but completing a garment as distinct from an accessory is an achievement for me.

Finished Sage 1

The most favourited project on Ravelry was the Silvery Baby Blanket, using Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket design. I think this appealed particularly because of the colour combination of silvery-grey and lavender.

Blanket 2

The piece of knitting that's been most worn (though it's probably the project with the most errors) is my version of the Citron shawl. It's just so wearable. Because it's knitted from laceweight yarn it's very soft, light and snuggly, and because it's bright red it's cheering to wear it with my grey and black winter clothes.

frilled shawl 3

The most fun to knit? Probably the shawl I knitted using Mustaa Villaa's variation on the Wool Peddler's Shawl. This is a very simple knit that combines two of my favourite knitty things - garter stitch and tweedy yarn. I'm nothing if not predictable.

grey shawl 3

I've a couple of other projects I'd hoped to finish by the end of the year, but they were overtaken by the knitting flurry needed to meet Personal Sock Club completion deadlines. But the good side of my failure to finish is that they'll make my 2011 total look more respectable.

4 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Great knitting, Lyn. Sage Remedy look intriguing. Off to look up that pattern.

Rose Red said...

Your citron really is fab - such a great colour!

Bells said...

you did some amazing knitting this year Lyn. Your Sage Remedy was the first I remember seeing and it's on my list for this year. And all those socks too - so much inspiration. It was lovely to watch!

1funkyknitwit said...

Lover of of a great tweed and garter stitch.. I second that ! I call it wonderful results with little effort as yarn and fabric does the work for you :D ahhaha

As usual Lyn ALL your projects reflect your elegant simple taste with wonderful choice of colour. They all look lovely and I will be looking forward to seeing more of them in 2011 :)